Move Wp-Content Folder To Different Location
Paulund is full of premium tutorials and support to help with your development
Sign up to get full access to all tutorials.
Ever since Wordpress version 2.6 you can actually move your wp-content directory to a different location. The wp-content directory will store all your theme files, plugin files and images. Why Move The wp-content Folder The best reason to move the wp-content is for security if you move this to an unexpected location any hackers looking to target this area won't be able to find it, or it will make it more difficult to find. To change the location of the wp-content is quite simple as the location of this folder can be configured in your wp-config.php file. One thing to note is that you need to add these new constant variable above the line where WordPress includes the wp-settings.php. All you have to do is add a new variable WP_CONTENT_DIR and change the location of your wp-content folder. To change the location of the wp-content URL there is another variable...
- Access 100s of premium tutorials and downloadable content
- Members content consists of premium WordPress plugins
- CSS packages, jQuery packages, tutorial demo files and templates for 100s of web development tutorials
- In-depth development tutorials
- Priority tutorial requests
- No ads