Override Sidebars Per Page In WordPress
Paulund is full of premium tutorials and support to help with your development
Sign up to get full access to all tutorials.
In WordPress development you define what sidebars can be used on your theme, these sidebars will then appear on the widget dashboard screen where you can assign all the widgets that are placed in the sidebar. One of the areas that I've noticed with WordPress is the limitations you have with the widgets area. When you assign widgets to the sidebar they are used site wide and you can't change them page by page. If you want the widget to be different per page then you need to program the widget to display different data depending on what page is displayed. In other CMS's such as Drupal you can define the widgets for the sidebar not only site wide but can exclude these widgets from certain pages. The feature that WordPress is missing is the ability to show different widgets on a per page basis, in this tutorial we are...
- Access 100s of premium tutorials and downloadable content
- Members content consists of premium WordPress plugins
- CSS packages, jQuery packages, tutorial demo files and templates for 100s of web development tutorials
- In-depth development tutorials
- Priority tutorial requests
- No ads