Validate Requests In WordPress Using Nonce
Paulund is full of premium tutorials and support to help with your development
Sign up to get full access to all tutorials.
There are loads requests that you can perform in WordPress from either forms or links that will do things like updating database values or deleting posts. If you are deleting a post or updating any value in the database by using a link then you will able to delete a post by typing a URL into the browser, this can dangerous as this can be abused to delete all the posts on your blog. You need a way of verifying a request is valid and to stop duplicate requests from a URL. In WordPress you can verify a request by using a nonce. What Is A Nonce? A nonce is used for security reasons to protect the system from unexpected or duplicate requests. This will help protect against the same requests being sent to the database. A nonce is used as a one time token to identify a request on...
- Access 100s of premium tutorials and downloadable content
- Members content consists of premium WordPress plugins
- CSS packages, jQuery packages, tutorial demo files and templates for 100s of web development tutorials
- In-depth development tutorials
- Priority tutorial requests
- No ads