Store Files In The Cloud Using Dropbox
If you are a freelancer or even or you are a computer user who uses multiple computers you will need a space to store files in the cloud. This means that you can access the same files from any computer you use, allowing you can get to your files from any where.
There are many web based systems that allow you to do this including Google Docs, Amazon S3 or even Ubuntu One.
But one of my favourite applications to use is Dropbox this is because I can use it easily on my Linux based computer and Windows computer and it can site as a folder on my computer and will automatically sync.
Your files, anywhere
Any file you save to Dropbox also instantly saves to your computers, phones, and the Dropbox website.
Features Of Dropbox
- 2GB of Dropbox for free, with subscriptions up to 100GB available.
- Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
- Dropbox works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
- Works even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Dropbox transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
- Manually set bandwidth limits -- Dropbox won't hog your connection.
You can use if for free and get 2GB of space or if you need more space you will have to pay a premium so it depends how much you are going to use the application.
If you want more space signup with the link below and we will both get an extra 250MB of storage.
An alternative to Dropbox is Let's Crate which allows you to share files with a link.
Visit Crate and sign on. You'll be presented with a list of crates. A crate holds one or more files. Select one of the crates.
Drag-and-drop all of the files you want to your heart's content. They'll be stored on the cloud, accessible from anywhere.
Now you can share away, either a whole crate or an individual file, your choice. We provide a short URL for ease-of-use.
Fastest WordPress Hosting With WPEngine
Stunning speed, powerful security, and best-in-class customer service. At WP Engine.
Join the weekly newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter. You'll be updated on new tutorials as they come available.
Subscribe today and get a 50% discount code to Paulund