Remove Blog Prefix For Custom Post Types
Paulund is full of premium tutorials and support to help with your development
Sign up to get full access to all tutorials.
This is a problem I've seen a couple of times and it sometimes tricks people out of using custom post types in WordPress. When people first create a WordPress site I've seen most of the time they will just install WordPress as an add-on to their existing site and just use it as a blog, with the intention of moving the entire site over to WordPress. Having an existing site means that they want to prefix the WordPress blog posts with the sub-folder of /blog/. http://example.com/blog/blog-post This is done by going to your permalinks page and change the permalinks of your posts to have a URL of /blog/%postname%. When you want to move the entire site over to WordPress and use custom post types to display the other pages. When you create your custom post types you have a number of options of how you want to customise this new...
- Access 100s of premium tutorials and downloadable content
- Members content consists of premium WordPress plugins
- CSS packages, jQuery packages, tutorial demo files and templates for 100s of web development tutorials
- In-depth development tutorials
- Priority tutorial requests
- No ads