Object-Oriented PHP for Beginners
PHP has a reputation for not being a Object Oriented language, this is because at the start it wasn't. But since version 5 of PHP you now have most of the object oriented features you find in other programming languages.
Here is a really useful article on NetTuts which explains the basics of Object Oriented PHP.
Just reading this article you understand:
- Why use object oriented PHP?
- What objects are.
- Creating a class.
- Defining and working with class properties.
- Defining and working with class methods.
- PHP magic methods
- Class inheritance
- Overwriting virtual methods
- Difference in public, private and protected methods.
- Static classes, properties and methods
Fastest WordPress Hosting With WPEngine
Stunning speed, powerful security, and best-in-class customer service. At WP Engine.
- Access 100s of premium tutorials and downloadable content
- Members content consists of premium WordPress plugins
- CSS packages, jQuery packages, tutorial demo files and templates for 100s of web development tutorials
- In-depth development tutorials
- Priority tutorial requests
- No ads