Free Source Code Hosting For Git
Github has become one of the most popular source code hosting websites, it allows you to store an unlimited amount of repositories for your source code. The problem is that all this code will be publicly available for anyone to get their hands on. To fix this problem Github allows you to upgrade your account to have a number private repositories to host your code.
- Mirco - Will give you 5 private repositories for $7 a month.
- Small - Will give you 10 private repositories for $12 a month.
- Medium - Will give you 20 private repositories for $22 a month.
- Bronze - Will give you 10 private repositories for $25 a month.
- Silver - Will give you 20 private repositories for $50 a month.
- Gold - Will give you 50 private repositories for $100 a month.
- Platinum - Will give you 124 repositories for $200 a month.
I have recently discovered BitBucket a source code hosting website which will give you free unlimited private repositories for up to 5 users.
This business models works the opposite as Github, they will price on the amount of repositories you have. But BitBucket will always give you unlimited repositories but will price on the amount of users you have.
- Up to 5 Users is Free.
- Up to 10 Users is $10 a month.
- Up to 25 Users is $25 a month.
- Up to 50 Users is $50 a month.
- Up to 100 Users is $100 a month.
- Unlimited Users is $200 a month.
This shows that if you have a lot of users but not many repositories then you are better off using Github, but if you don't have many users but will have a lot of repositories then it makes more sense to use BitBucket.
Subscribe To Newsletter
Get weekly updates to your email