Fallback on Local jQuery If CDN Fails
The benefit of this is that the loading of the jQuery will reduce bandwidth because it will be downloaded from a local server, which therefore should download faster and this script should be cached by the many different websites using it.
Therefore you need a way to load a local jQuery file if for some reason your CDN jQuery fails to load.
Use the following snippet you can download jQuery from the Google CDN if it fails then you will use a local version.
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.0/jquery.js"></script> <script>window.jQuery || document.write('<script src="js/libs/jquery-2.1.0.min.js"></script>')</script>
- Access 100s of premium tutorials and downloadable content
- Members content consists of premium WordPress plugins
- CSS packages, jQuery packages, tutorial demo files and templates for 100s of web development tutorials
- In-depth development tutorials
- Priority tutorial requests
- No ads
- First month free!