Check If A Sidebar Has Widgets Assigned
Paulund is full of premium tutorials and support to help with your development
Sign up to get full access to all tutorials.
To display a sidebar in your Wordpress site you first need to register the sidebar so that Wordpress can assign widgets to it. When a sidebar is registered it will appear in the widget dashboard so that you can assign widgets to each sidebar. When you have widgets assigned to your sidebar you need to add some code to your theme so it can be displayed on your site. To display a sidebar in your Wordpress theme you need to use the function dynamic_sidebar(), this will allow you to pass in a sidebar id to display the contents of the sidebar. There are times when you will want to check if the sidebar has widgets assigned to it before you include it on the page, this is commonly for styling them correctly. For example if you are creating a grid layout with your sidebars inside then you need to know...
- Access 100s of premium tutorials and downloadable content
- Members content consists of premium WordPress plugins
- CSS packages, jQuery packages, tutorial demo files and templates for 100s of web development tutorials
- In-depth development tutorials
- Priority tutorial requests
- No ads