Block Pinterest Users From Pinning Your Images
Pinterest is the newest big thing in the Social media world, this site is an image sharing social network. It allows it's users to pin any image on any website to share with their followers.
There has been a lot of talk about the copyright problems with Pinterest, for example photographers can now have their images shared all over the internet. This can be great for marketing your image but what if there are some images that you don't want to be shared on Pinterest.
Some of their users starting complaining about images being shared when they don't want them to be on Pinterest, for this reason Pinterest have created a meta tag to block users from pinning images on a site.
If you don't want Pinterest users pinning your content, all you have to do is add the following to the head tag of your site.
<meta name="pinterest" content="nopin" />
Now when a visitor tries to pin one of your images they will see this message.
"This site doesn't allow pinning to Pinterest. Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!"
If you have a WordPress site all you have to do is add this into your header.php file to stop people pinning your images.
If you aren't comfortable adding this meta tag to your theme there is a WordPress plugin available to block Pinterest on all or certain pages on your site.
Learn how to code with Treehouse
- Learn projects with access to 1000+ videos
- Practice live with our Code Challenge Engine
- Get help in our members-only forums
- Access 100s of premium tutorials and downloadable content
- Members content consists of premium WordPress plugins
- CSS packages, jQuery packages, tutorial demo files and templates for 100s of web development tutorials
- In-depth development tutorials
- Priority tutorial requests
- No ads
- First month free!