Add New Menu Items To WordPress Admin
Paulund is full of premium tutorials and support to help with your development
Sign up to get full access to all tutorials.
If you are a plugin or theme developer then you will get to the stage where you need to add a link to your plugin or theme settings page in your Wordpress admin area. The settings page will allow you your user to customise the plugin or theme in anyway they want. There are different ways you can add links to your plugin or theme settings page. Some people like to put links to the theme settings under the appearance tab, some people prefer to create a brand new menu item in the Wordpress admin area just for your theme. If you are creating a theme I think it's better to add your link to your theme settings page under your appearance tag. This is because a theme is used for the appearance of your site and all the settings should be under the appearance tab. This content is restricted...
- Access 100s of premium tutorials and downloadable content
- Members content consists of premium WordPress plugins
- CSS packages, jQuery packages, tutorial demo files and templates for 100s of web development tutorials
- In-depth development tutorials
- Priority tutorial requests
- No ads